What is Backlinking in backlink guide?
The process of getting hyperlinks to your website from other websites is called “Backlinking”. Search engine crawlers index and crawl pages on your site as well as links to your site on other website’s pages to check the value, authentic information and relevancy because it helps them to ultimately determine your page’s rank. Come across through this backlink guide to take full advantage.
Why is backlinking important for SEO?
Links play the behind the scene role on your site to get your frontend, reach the right people. Backlinking plays an important and effective role in SEO of your website. Remember, search engines use two keys for links:
- Searching for new web pages
- Deciding where to rank the page
That’s why, the page content is important, but so is the number of external links pointing to it. It is noted that the more links you receive from authorized websites, the better are your chances for scoring a competitive rank on search engines. Links are, essentially, considered as an indicator that the page content has value because people wouldn’t link to it if they didn’t recommend it. Therefore, Maintaining a competitive page rank isn’t easy.
If your website and website of a competitor are considered equal on all other fronts, it is generally assumed the site with the better backlinking strategy will help rank the website higher. This will likely drive more traffic to your site — and, ultimately, more traffic to your site — because people don’t tend to scroll down too far in search results.
How to Get Backlinks – backlink guide?
Building quality and good reputed backlinks takes and requires time & effort. Here are seven simple steps you can follow to get started on creating backlinks to improve your ranking.
- Add links to your site on your social media profiles.
- Do a Google search for a post that’s already ranking well and then improve and expand it.
- Create posts, “how-to” posts, “why” posts, infographics and posts with embedded videos. Why? Because, these formats usually get more backlinks than standard posts.
- Write the ultimate guide posts. These are very long posts containing several thousand words and cover every angle of the topic.
- Write guest posts on other blogs and websites to generate backlinks
- Contact influencers in your niche or industry and tell them about an article on your site that they may want to link to.
- Interview influencers in your industry and send them a link, no doubt they will link back to your site.
Types of backlinks
Backlinking should be part of every marketing strategy because search engines place a lot of weight on backlinks. If you want to improve your rank, this is the key to getting your desired results. Moreover, there are 2 types of backlinks:
- Nofollow: these tags tell search engines to ignore a link. They do not pass any value from one site to another. Because of this, they aren’t helpful in improving your search rank or visibility.
- Dofollow: These are the type of backlinks that everyone wants. Just keep in mind that those coming from respected sites hold the most value. This type of backlink can help you improve your website’s search engine rankings.
How long does backlinking take to influence my website’s search rankings?
Taking your marketing SEO to the next level with backlinking is so exciting and an eagerness to see results is natural, but you can’t expect them overnight. It can take several days to months to see a boost in search rankings. This is because of a variety of factors which includes:
- Competition in industry
- The popularity of targeted keywords
- Whether competitors are engaged in backlinking or not
- Types of links (dofollow, nofollow)
- Domain history and strength
Managing expectations from the start is crucial to marketing strategy. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, you will see results. For more information on how backlinks can be used, you can see this very helpful post.